How GSM Signal Boosters Works?
GSM is the most popular wireless cellular technique used for public communication. It was developed for setting protocols for second-hand generation digital cellular networks.
Currently, Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) is used by roughly 80% of mobile phones across the world.
A GSM booster works by amplifying signals and improving reception. They have an outside antenna that receives and transmit signals to a cellular tower with enhanced power and sensitivity.
The booster helps to eliminate problems experienced by normal signal providers like hindrance by construction materials like buildings, mountains, trees as well as the distance from the cell tower.
The cell phone reception is firstly captured by the outside antenna then amplified by the cellular booster and rebroadcast across the area it is installed through the inside antenna. This results in a boosted reception that adds more bars to your phone even in rural areas.
The cell phone coverage of the area you intend to have the antenna installed will determine the total area needed to be covered. If the external reception is strong then it can cover a larger area, but if the external signal is low the area covered will be lower.
In short GSM booster will;
- Increase upload and download speeds giving your internet the much-needed boost. In addition, it will enhance your text and call quality.
- With the outside antenna, you are guaranteed a wider reception area as the reception strength is greatly enhanced.
- You won’t have to worry about dropped calls from constantly failing network as it will maintain a reliable connection throughout.
- Diminishes coverage problems
- Boosts the voice signals in your home, office, and even car.
Although GSM will give you all this, the cell phone reception cannot:
- Boost cable providers like Wi-Fi/internet
- Despite having all those antennae they cannot work outside your house or car
- They cannot create a working 4G and 3G network on their own since they require existing network coverage.
However, there are things that need to be considered to ensure a stable connection. If your signal keeps fluctuating you should understand that there are factors that influence the strength of the signal, these include the building’s geographical location, the nearest cell phone tower, trees, etc.
The upside to the signal boosters, however, is that they are quite easy to install and you need no advanced technical knowledge or skills to install the repeater set.